hi,
Suse is great! I believe that it was a good move to set it up for my friend
instead of MDK. There are a couple of things that I didn't much like, but
they are probably personal:
It is way too fussy on the ftp address when setting up an ftp server as the
rpm repository. One wrong forwardslash and you are faced with a bizarre and
completely unhelpful message. I managed to do it without actually reading any
manuals though so that has got to be a good thing!
Also, no supermount by default... which brings me to the question... is there
somewhere where I had to specify that I wanted the kernel with supermount?
Can that be done by module, or is it compiled-in only? MDK has it by default
but deadrat (and it appears Suse) don't. That is going to be an issue for my
friend. Any suggestions?
And probably for Volker - I read in a review that it starts a few too many
services, and they can be turned off for the performance to increase
dramatically - I know that is an extremely broad question but I'll ask
anyway. What should I get rid of? :_0. It is pretty slow getting things done
at the moment and it would be nice to have a bit more speed. It is a duron
700 with 196meg of RAM so it aint complete over the hill.
Cheers
Anton