Quoting Vik Olliver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ta. I've got the USB controller sussed enough to plug in meeces,
> keyboards and so forth.
> I've got the init scripts loading prism2_usb (used modprobe prism2_usb
> and lsmd to find out what was needed).

have you checked for the netcard device in the /proc directory.

iirc i can not see my usb printer in /proc/bus/usb untill i have mounted
it or put a "none /proc/bus/usb ...." entry in /etc/fstab, there is more
info in the usb-howto.

also the timeout problem may simply be a irq conflict with something
else (irq 5 is often for sound) or a pci/isa setting in the bios pnp
setup.