Not to mention if you trace the links furthur back down the chain you will more than likely find telecom/telstra are alot more related than shown in NZ business circles .

Dale.

Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

almost ridiculously naive but I reckon we would have more of a hope of controlling our own than Telstra or BT.

Well, except that Telecom is hardly a New Zealand owned company ever since the GOTD [1] decided to sell out for $1, or so I've heard.

There's still much to be said for competition whenever possible.
Remember that toll prices are only affordable now because of Clear. Oh,
and what was that thing about controlling Telecom? Surely you're joking?
They seem to be very successful right now at making a long nose at
everyone else.

Volker

[1] government of the day