Steve Holdoway wrote:
Barry wrote:

Just done a test on my M10 install with level 3 startup and icewm.

1. ctl-alt-del to kill X
2. ctl-alt-bs to reboot.

I think I'd swap these two around if I were you (:

Steve

Ooops - you are correct, sorry

Tested kde for M10 this morning. ctl-alt-del 1st time killed X, 2nd time rebooted. Very simple, no scripts needed. May still be desirable to shut down apps 1st. I often use alt-F4

Barry

3. you may have to shut down progs first if you wish to keep settings, or if confirmation is required.

with M8.2 only 2 and 3 apply

Will test with KDE later

KIS

Barry

Hugo Vincent wrote:

Hi everybody,

I set up a PC for my parents to do their email on, with Mandrake 10 and Firefox/Thunderbird, but for some reason, their is no Shutdown item on the menu. I can't remember how to allow the normal user to run /sbin/shutdown as root (something in /etc/sudoers perhaps)? Can someone please shed some light on the situation.

Cheers,
Hugo.