Alasdair Tennant wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:57:13 +1300
Andrew Errington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I plan to migrate to Postgres, then I'll be able to store all the data
all the time and get graphs of any subset. Right now I'm just getting
all the bits working.

There may be very good reason to learn and use postgres, but do yourself
a favour and excercise due diligence by looking at tclkit for data
storage, scripting and graphing. You may just find yourself handling
all the collect, store, retrieve and review tasks with one executable
file - portable to other platforms, too.

www.equi4.com

It doesn't seem to have much of a toolkit for data administration, or any kind of sql interface, though.

Personally, I'd stick with a well supported database with an SQL interface. MySQL's getting a bit silly with licensing, so the obvious choice to me is Postgres. Alternatlively, I've got a copy of Oracle 10g - but that may be a bit of overkill (:

My $0.02

Steve