Lee Begg wrote:

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:26, Robert Himmelmann wrote:

Is there a way to redifine what xdm occupies or can I use tty8-12? I
also didn't find anything about tty10.

Have a look in /etc/syslog.conf and look for a line with /dev/tty10.

I changed that to /dev/tty9. And added the following lines to my /etc/inittab:

10:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty10
11:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty11
12:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty12

That works all fine. When I log on with three graphical sessions session 9 (log) is overwritten which is good. The only problem is that I can't log in as root on tty10-12. It displays the message that appears when I type in a wrong username/password. All normal users work.

Syslog might be writing (some of) it's logs there.

Later
Lee Begg

--
Happy Hacking,
Robert Himmelmann

   Use free software only. See

Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you don't think.
-- /usr/bin/fortune

A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.
-- Mark Twain