On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:06, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

> > http://download2.ssc.com/tux/TUX_Issue1_March2005.pdf
>
> Thanks Chris, took only 3.5h to get, must be high demand ;)
> (Or it's because Paradise is hopelessly congested right now.)
Bit of both I expect, It arrived ok for me, somewhat slower that my cable
connection allows, but I didn't have any reason to be concerned.
Perhaps it's been CLUG-dotted. :-) Seriously, they should use BitTorrent.

> I'll read it later, but from a quick glance I can't help but notice
> that the whole thing isn't made with Linux anything. It's made with
> Quarkxpress, which is a Mac rhings (and their website is seriously in
> the quark, boy it's difficult to get worse).
>
> It's a PDF 1.5 file, which requires acroread 6 to read. Acroread 5
> displays a notice "may not work properly, please upgrade to the latest
> acroread". Triple-doh, I already have the latest acroread. It does seem
> to display fine though (in ghostscript 7.07 and xpdf as well), but I'm
> still amused about this "Linux" magazine... :)

I noticed all that too, but Acrobat 7.0beta reads it like a champ. :-(
Unfortunately I haven't got the necessary skills to re-write Acrobat and
release the work for Free. However, I got the feeling that TuxMagazine is a
pretty good source of Linux information. This issue is wonderfully free of
adverts, but I sadly, don't suppose for a moment it will stay that way.

--
C. S.