Robert
Well that is very interesting and maybe it won't be too long before a similar thing arrives here. My high school German of (40ish years) is a little rusty but I might get away with it in the meantime, now let me see:

"Ich bin Englander aber Ich wohne hier auf New Zealand. Zwei bieren bitte"

Ok Maybe not.

Woodsey

Robert Himmelmann wrote:

Volker

There are also some e-mail-provider that provide a telephone number under which you can receive faxes. Normally you can also send faxes, but only simple text. When a fax arrives you get a mail with a tiff-photo. Two of my six e-mail-providers have this feature. Unforunatly both are German and if I am right require you to live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland to use their service. Their URLs are www.arcor.de and www.web.de for those who speak German.