> there is probably a fix for this since i've heard of the problem before,
> but the reason i'm going to revert to 32 bit is because WINE doesn't
> work on 64-bit

Well, my crossover office works just fine on 64 bit. Like, ready - roll.
I expect the same of the distro-supplied wine, but don't bother with
that as I have a crossover license.

> run 32-bit Skype on Ubuntu amd64, i've decided that a 32-bit re-install
> would be easier.

Let me put it this way: if I had a 64 bit box, I'd be pretty pissed
having to castrate it. Most of the speed improvement of the 64 bit CPU
comes from recompiling code in 64 bit, not from running 32 bit binaries
on a 64 bit architecture.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.