From: Hadley Rich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 September 2006 2:21 p.m.
To: linux-users@it.canterbury.ac.nz
Subject: Re: Upstart - Ubuntu's new init

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 14:06, Ben Ford wrote:
> I always really liked Archlinux's init sequence... loosely based on BSD I
> believe and it's so fast!!

Yeah, Arch Linux and Slackware both use BSD style init rather than SysV
style
init. I like the simplicity too. The boot sequence in Arch Linux can be
extremely fast because you can background things that don't have
dependencies.

I still have a copy of Arch on my drive, I do like it but - in a similar
vein
to the postings regarding Gentoo lately - I got a little sick of keeping it
up to date and tweaking it. Arch is brilliant if you like being on the
bleeding edge though.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz