On Friday 22 December 2006 11:40, reg wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> ah well still not quite right, although that command improved it,
> >> it's still not quite right, its the button on desktop that said:
> >> "browse network" but now I have gone and deleted that button and
> >> also need to get that back too with the correct association.
> >>
> >> reg
> >
> > Stop playing!
> >
> > That button should also be available somewhere under the K menu, I
> > think its a right click and drag-drop to copy it to the desktop.
>
> Playing is how I learn, I break it and then fix it and understand it
> :-) But actually I never broke that one on purpose. I dont know how
> it got that way, all I know it is a right pain in the butt not
> working how it should.  The main point of this exercise is to
> actually get my xp computer to see my home directory on both suse
> computers. Only one can do that at this point and I have spent half
> of yesterday and half of today trying to figure out why. I am really
> starting to get discouraged with it. I can make two xp computers
> share files within a few minutes. Yet such a simple thing as xp to
> linux is almost beyond me.
Use 'swat' or the redhat tool to set up samba, if you do not wish to
edit samba's config file(s) in an editor. Take care to back-up the live
samba config because swat gratuitously removes all the comments and
default settings from the config file.

www.samba.org/samba/docs/ man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SWAT.html

Also

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/config-tools/redhat-config-samba.html