ROFL!

I'd say two chae, but I can't spell it and I know that Chris would rightly chime in on that...

Debian Sarge in a light weight configuration.

Neil was buggering about with a light weight window manager the other day that seemed to work quite well on my Toshiba laptop.

Firefox and Open Office (if it will run).

Locked down desktop

Hopping to locate in the old Riccarton Borough Council office on Clarance Street. That's going to be subject to getting approval.

Cheers Don

Rik Tindall wrote:
Don, your mother should have told you "give a STUPID answer, get more STUPID questions"..

Like, where are the PCs set up for use?..

CRRA computers,

all gnu/linux?

No, Windows Vista on all machines.

I'm going to ask Microsoft if they'd like to sponsor the network cables that Chris suggested I pay for and if they'd also like to provide a suit of brand new 19" monitors to go on my PII-233's with 32mb of RAM. I'd ask them to sponsor the OS as well, but we've already arranged to pirate it off a Linux Nut!

Ok. so they're Win98 ;-))

'the customer is always right'

(good persuading, otherwise)

btw, a Linux-User uses Linux to use GNU.

as a teacher, you don't want to forget that part.

cheers, rik

--
Don Gould
www.thinkdesignprint.co.nz - www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz - www.bowenvale.co.nz - www.hearingbooks.co.nz - www.buxtonsquare.co.nz - skype:ThinkDesignPrint?add - Good ideas: www.solarking.co.nz