Thanks for the help.

On 2/1/07, Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:17:02 +1300
Kale Worsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey,
> I have another newbie question, Do 'major' distros have an update
mechanism
> like Windows Update? For example, I have some Ubuntu 6.06 LTS LiveCD's,
If I
> install Ubuntu on my computer, will I be able to automatically update to
> version 6.10 without having to reinstall and/or download the new iso?

yes, but the upgrade is likely to involve as big a download as a new iso,
and a new iso might have a slight edge over an update in terms of everything
working out of the box. Also if you are in Chch you will probably find
someone to supply a cd for you.

> Thanks for the help,
>
> - Kale Worsley
>
> PS. Just for future reference, is it bad mailing list etiquette to ask
more
> than one question in one email?

depends how related they are. I find it better to ask discrete questions
in discrete threads.