On Thursday 03 May 2007 12:35 pm, lyndon sutherland wrote:
> If only it were that simple. But there are users and there are users who
> are less than users ;)
>
> But seriously, you really expect a Linux neophyte to grasp Synaptic
> straight off? You think they might know what all those lib and kernel
> thingies shown in Synaptic are?

No I do not think they will know that - hell I do not even understand them
myself.

The point I am trying to make is that wether a user has come from Windows or
complete ignorance (like my wife) it is easy to find and install packages
using Synaptic.
When it gets to the part telling you what it is going to do you can usually
just let it do it without question.

Rob