Robert Fisher wrote:
>> nVu is defunct. Google KompoZer
>>

> I'll bet you got this from the Ubuntu site.
>
> nVu still works and is available from the Mepis repositories.
>
> Ubuntu says what you said but Komposer is not yet available from their
> repositories as far as I can tell.
>
> Rob

>From the Wikipedia [1]:

    Daniel Glazman announced on September 15, 2006 that he has stopped
    official development on Nvu and he is developing a successor to it,
    tentatively called Composer (or Mozilla Composer 2.0), as a
    Mozilla.org project. It is written from scratch and based on Mozilla
    trunk Gecko 1.9 and XULRunner. PHP and CSS will be supported. A
    community-driven fork, KompoZer[1], maintains Nvu codebase and fixes
    bugs until a successor to Nvu is released.

>From Daniel Glazman's own blog [2], Dec 2006:

    How active is the Composer project?

    Well, it's active ; I spend most of my days on it, a colleague here
    at Disruptive Innovations is also implementing new features for it,
    and a few companies have knocked on our door to sponsor it ... A few
    other people are already working on features or even extensions to
    Composer. The Mozilla Foundations (Frank Hecker to name him) is
    actively helping us in our quest for a new name for the project. It
    is alive and well alive.

    Is there a home page for the Composer project, separate from SeaMonkey?

    Not yet.

Nvu 1.0 was released in June 2005 [3].

KompoZer is "Nvu's unofficial bug-fix release" [4], currently at version
0.77, released 23rd July 2006.