Douglas Royds wrote:
Robert Fisher wrote:
nVu is defunct. Google KompoZer
I'll bet you got this from the Ubuntu site.

Google & ... - same Q was asked at Weds Ubuntu class -

Answer being assembled out of Synaptic:

-------nVu----KompoZer----Composer----
--------------------------------------
6.06    Y        N          N
7.04    N        ?          ?   ...
--------------------------------------

nVu still works and is available from the Mepis repositories.

Which therefore dates these.

Ubuntu says what you said but Komposer is not yet available from their
repositories as far as I can tell.

Ah, ok.

- Recommend everyone get to know "Amaya" then. I have just used it to validate hand-cranked html so far, but it's a v.featureful..

"..Web client that acts both as a browser and as an authoring tool. It has been designed by W3C with the primary purpose of demonstrating new Web technologies in a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) environment. The current version implements the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML), Mathematical Markup Language (MathML), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), the animation module of Synchronized Multimedia (SMIL Animation), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). OpenGL versions implements transformations, transparency and SMIL animation of SVG elements. As Amaya completely supports compound documents, all these new properties apply to included XHTML and MathML elements.."

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

Nvu 1.0 was released in June 2005 [3].

KompoZer is "Nvu's unofficial bug-fix release" [4], currently at version
0.77, released 23rd July 2006.