On Thursday 17 May 2007 5:13 pm, David Kirk wrote:

> If your tftpd is using the "-s" option (which it says it is), then you
> shouldn't need to put the "/tftpboot" bit in there.  /tftpboot becomes
> the root directory for any tftp clients.

I understand that but (perhaps wrongly) assumed that the section
shared-network WORKSTATIONS
was not used if there is a section for specific hosts/MAC addresses.

You might be onto something there David. Will try it tomorrow.

> > > Are your clients using PXE or some other sort of network booting?
> >
> > Well I think the network booting must be OK for it to get as far as it
> > does. Is that a fair assumption.
>
> What I meant was "which type of network booting are you using" (PXE,
> etherboot floppy or other)?

Pretty sure it is Etherboot - the previous server had no reference to PXE in
its dhcp.conf file