> I have samba all set up and working, I can still view home dir etc from
> my XP machines and I can see the printer on the linux machine from XP
> but it says unable to connect (printer is turned on of course)

SUSE runs a firewall by default which blocks incoming connections. Which
ports are used for samba printing? For windows filesharing open up ports
137-139 for both tcp and udp in yast if they aren't open already. On top
of that, share browsing needs further pass rules which make the firewall
just about not worth having. You could temporarily disable the firewall
to see if that is the problem.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.