On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 09:19 +1200, Kerry Mayes wrote:
> Hey, thanks for that reference.  I'm now investigating using read-edid
> to allow me to automate which of the three xorg.conf files to use for
> my three configurations of monitors, rather than me selecting manually
> (post boot).

I recently had to set up my wife's WXGA Acer 9300 laptop to work with
her large CRT monitor. The monitor won't support [EMAIL PROTECTED], so I
specified that as the first option in xorg.conf and 1280x1024 as the
second option. So she now automatically gets the right desktop size for
the screen.

Vik :v)