Great quotes, thanks Graeme.

Graeme Kiyoto-Ward wrote:

SVG viewer .. displayed a blank section of page .. for an average Ubuntu user the page is unusable.

Ditto.

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#SVG

"Adobe SVG Viewer
Version: 3.01 Beta (Build 88)
SVG support is built in to Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x/2.0 and SeaMonkey 1.0.x. This information is retained for historical purposes,"

'Yeah,right. It don't seem to work at all', in this case..

(read, 'it looks broken' - a poor advertisement for FOSS).

Anyway for those who want to know what our government says about such things...

Quality Assurance <http://www.e.govt.nz/standards/web-guidelines/web-standards-v1.0/agency-web-standards/quality-assurance.html> (this is a standard, i.e. mandatory, not a recommendation)

..must work satisfactorily <http://www.e.govt.nz/standards/web-guidelines/general-resources/glossary.html#WorkSatisfactorily> in a minimum list of web browser types and respective versions prior to being released as a production web site...

if they substantially upgrade the page after 1 Jan 2008,
> it needs to be usable in Firefox on Linux..
govt agencies need to produce their pages to be usable by any browser than makes up 1% of the total share accessing the site. I wonder if a campaign by KDE users across the country could 'Konqueror' a small government agency...

How about this then:

"Bus user techs look forward to change at ECan"?

pp SoftwareFreedomDay.org Team Christchurch

Cheers, Rik