it looks to me like a standard web page rendered (using gecko) as a texture to a cube, not a 3D web page doesn't look much different than compiz fusion's cube effect. quote from the page "Its primary purpose is to help me integrate Gecko into my company's software - a 3D virtual world called Second Life" so basicly it's so you don't have to leave the game to browser the internet
 Anyone heard of this:
http://www.ubrowser.com/
?

A few of my first thoughts on it...
"HTML on steroids"
thought you meant a 3D extension to html, now if you setup a html render that used "z-index" to give it a 3rd dimension
"Ok, great, now we've got 3D graphics designers trying to make the Internet too artistic" (no offense to people who like to give their web pages a little eye candy) ;-)
"Hey, they beat Microsoft to adding Aero to the web browser!"

"So now we have a THIRD dimension for people to clutter with advertisements?!"

Just thought I'd share one of my accidental findings.

 -Aidan