Payne, Owen wrote, On 12/02/09 08:53:
Um, technically it went metric, but they never really had the spine to enforce
it, so
>all the kids are taught in metric, whilst the rest of the country uses imperial. If you >ask about this anyone over 40 tells you it's because they find it easier to work out!!!!

I went the other way - bought an old car with a speedo in MPH and had to learn the older way of expressing automotive velocities... (fortunately only two digits to worry about!)

Also, miles per gallon for fuel efficiency rather than litres/100 KM.

ObLinux relevance....  I have a eeepc to use inside it (tenuous I know?)
http://criggie.dyndns.org/pictures/?gallery=landrover/2009-01-20_Cameras

--
Craig Falconer