HI all,

Whenever I open a terminal now I get the following 3 msgs

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

This happens for both root and user. It does not happen before I login.
Google has a ton of "try this " type suggestions, none of which have
worked. Running 'locale' repeats the msgs then adds

LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE=en_US
LC_NUMERIC=en_NZ
LC_TIME=en_US
LC_COLLATE=en_US
LC_MONETARY=en_NZ
LC_MESSAGES=en_US
LC_PAPER=en_NZ
LC_NAME=en_NZ
LC_ADDRESS=en_NZ
LC_TELEPHONE=en_NZ
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_NZ
LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_NZ
LC_ALL=

I can not find any thing relevant in the logs. The only thing I note is
that there are no profile files for the users, are they needed?

The rpms for locales, locales-en are not installed, and appear to not be installable (glibc problem?)

All ideas to fix the problem welcome.

Barry