The usual solution is to set LOCALE to C ( as in the real language (: ) before
you start messing around.

Alternatively, the contents of /usr/lib/locale is available at
http://www.greengecko.co.nz/downloads/locale.tgz if you want to download it -
about 12MB. Try adding the locales you need from that lot...

Steve.

--
Steve Holdoway <st...@greengecko.co.nz>