On Sun 17 May 2009 15:01:50 NZST +1200, Andrew Errington wrote:

> Well, if you have the time I'd suggest it would be worthwhile persevering.

Ok, after I'd already decided I don't have time for cr*p, and that's the
adjective to use for describing software which poos its pants on startup
with screenfuls of python barf, instead of saying that the wicd default
config has access protection enabled and therefore the user runing
wicd-client needs to be a member of the netdev group.

Googling for the error msg has only one answer, and that's in a Polish
blog. Fortunately my Polish was good enough to understand the one
important word, being /etc/dbus-1/system.d/wicd.conf ;)

At first glance it does what I need to do. Thanks Andrew!

Now some similar program for screen sizes would be good too, as
xorg.conf is empty and no obvious tool is readily apparent. vmware
starting up 800x600 gets a tad annoying after a while. I also need to
config an old TNT 64 Pro card where kubuntu throws the same trick.

> One thing is that wicd does not play nice with network-manager.

Sounds like a turf fight to me :)

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.