Ryan McCoskrie wrote:
> For the last couple of months I have had both a SATA disk and an IDE disk
> working.
> The two things that I did last night that were a little unusual are
> downloading a more recent kernel and using ktorrent.
> Aside from my boot partition on the SATA disk I'm using ext4.

A while back my system stopped booting after a kernel upgrade ( at
around 2.6.25ish ). I was also using a mixture of sata & pata drives. It
turned out that the new kernel would detect the drives in the opposite
order ( ie: sda was now sdb ) while grub detected then as it always had.

I did a work around by editing grub.conf and fstab to match.
Now I only have sata drives.

Col.