On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 17:59 +1200, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> I use a d-link dsl-604t. No frills, no whistles. Just works. However, I
> may have a different outlook on wireless security than most: I assume
> it's going to be broken, and protect sensitive data accordingly. Because
> of this, I only use WEP.

The D-links I've used I've always found to be pretty flakey.

I did some reading on geekzone.co.nz searching for "best adsl modem" etc
and found someone who was an ex-usa tech who had a lot of experience
with the 2wire ADSL modem given to Telecom business customers.

He said it was very, very good apart from the fact that it was partially
crippled in NZ with Telecom's own firmware only accepting telecom
usernames (can't be used with any other ISP) and the VOIP port on the
back being disabled.

I've also read good reviews of some of the Belkin models.

It seems very hard to find a source that compares / reviews ADSL modems
unfortunately.