I have been trying to compile a newer kernel and now I get a Kernel panic
error on boot. I should note that this was my first attempt at kernels, also
I can boot just fine with the original kernel. The error is:

creating root device
mkrootdev: mknod failed: 17
mounting root filesystem with flags noatime
mount: error 16 mounting ext2 flgs noatime
well, retrying without the option flags
mount: error 16 mounting ext2
well, retrying read-only without any flag
mount: error 16 mounting ext2
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot, /sysroot//initrd) failed: 2
remounting devfs at correct place if necessary
Freeing unused kernel memory: 236k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

I really don't know where I went wrong. I even did the kernel with 'make
oldconfig' to make sure the parameters were the same. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Vern