Ken moffat wrote:

> IO tried a product a little while ago called turboprint that worked
> great under libranet. It's a commercial product with a fully
> functional free version that only lacks some higher resolution
> features. Might search that one out.
>
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:58:28 -0500
> Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:59:09 -0500 "Leon A. Goldstein"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >  Printer set
> > > up with CUPS is a bit tricky - I'm fine tuning that part of the
> > > how-to now.
> > >

> > Tricky???Hmmm... I may catch some heat from this, but cups sucks.
> > Plain and simple. I really, wish Caldera would go back to LPRng as
> > their main printer daemon. LPRng works.

Turboprint was what it took to get Caldera 3.1.1 beta to print for me.
This is an "ace in the hole" for dealing with recalcitrant printers.
Were it not for my previously mentioned financial problems I'd willingly
pay for it.  It is a worthwhile product.

I had no problem with CUPS in Caldera 3.1.  The CUPS problem with
Libranet 2.0 is that it has to be installed and set up after the basic
system is installed.  I have discovered some sort of interaction with
WP8.1.  It seems that installing WP8.1 before CUPS will crap out the
CUPS installation.  If WP8.1 is installed after CUPS is up and running,
there is no problem. (I'd rather not go into how many hours and
installations it took me to be able to make that statement.)
Personally, I'd have been happier if Libranet 2.0 would have kept
Apsfilter.
--
Leon A. Goldstein