On Sunday 10 March 2002 02:32 pm, you wrote:

> I have libxml2.so linked to libxml2.so.2.4.1 in /opt/kde2/lib

Yes I did that, but that was not what stopped me, got confused on what I was
installing. I had to install libxslt 1.0.7 or better for the kdelibs help,
did that but kde still would not see it.

> I've been able to compile KDE3 from CVS, but haven't tried in in 4 or 5
> weeks, but I seem to recall needing to compile kdesupport from CVS. I
> mostly followed the instructions on the KDE web site. I'd dig up the link,
> but it's late here and I'm about done for the night :-(

No what I did I downloaded the rc1 which went up last Tuesday I think.
Did follow the instructions but it karks it with cannot find: -lpcre : have
no idea where to find this, locate cannot see it but can find a pcre. What is
significant with the -l part.

Any help at all would be appreciated, am doing rpms at the same time.
(i686).

> Since when was RC1 released? The web site shows only beta 2 being out, no
> RC1.

Hell! I went to check and RC2 is now up there, too damd quick I think that
the final witll be in the next 10days.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161