I am being forced to give Caldera eServer 3.1.1 away as a bad choice. I have
installed it innumerable times with various settings but it will NOT install
my printer as a usb_printer, parallel yes usb no; I cannot get networking
with vmware although all other distros are fine both with the printer and
vmware. Being a server it should not have a problem with vmware bnut it does.
Printer is an Epson 760, this is the first time I have had problems withit.

I have been unable to compile and install kernel 2.4.18, however 2.4.17 works
ok: 18 says that it cannot VFS: cannot open root device "hdc7" or 16.07. Grub
menu.lst has identical entries for 17 and 18 just the differing numbers.

It probably works fine just as a server and no recompiling or playing with
software, but most users expect more today for their bucks.

I am going to try the WS 3.1.1 and see if that will allow the install of
printer and vmware networking.

Frustration is setting in so its about time I bit the bullet. I am not
totally happy with any distro these days as I was with Calder up to 2.4, so
it will be a compromise.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161