Ed Valentine wrote:

> As you said,  " It works fine as long as you do not play with the
> software" . I do not believe most people are interested in playing with
> their software, most just want it to work without fail.

This sounds like Billy!

You wrong, open source is the next logical step in the evaluation
of computer science.

Twenty years ago I was member (as a Cobol programmer) of a team who
designed, and implemented a pre relational database management system
(at the time we didn't know anything about Codd's research) to handle
statistical data.  The source code of _every_ routine was widely
circulated between the programmers, and displayed all over the walls.
And guess what!  Those programs are still running (on a different steel
box).

Regards,

Ioan