Hello, group:

After my third attempt to install Mandrake 7.2 on my Pentium III 1Gig,
1000M Intel machine, I still cannot satisfy the install script that I
have a viable monitor (Mag View / Pro View VM 700E) and and video
adapter card (Rage 128 GL 4X AGP 4X w/ 32M video memory).

After the installation completes, I've tried running Xconfigurator from
the console prompt, testing many of the modes possible with the card
and monitor - to no avail.  I've tried running exactly the same video
configuration I previously used when running RedHat 7.2 and SuSE 7.3 on
the exact same hardware.

So why am I not running SuSE 7.3 or RedHat 7.2 if **they** work OK?
Because a couple of newbie friends are running Mandrake 7.2 and want me
to run it so I can help sort out **their** problems.  ;0)  Thing is,
they ain't got no problems!

I have attached relevant error messages.

I'm ready to throw in the towel - but first...

Any suggestions?
--
Glenn Williams - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Registered Linux User # 135678 - since 1994