You should give it a try if you don't like IE. But IE is too popular
among the kids to be removed from Win98 or be ignored anyway.

Kurt Wall wrote:
>>we have 98lite for Window$ 98 to knock out IE.
> Never heard of it, but I do as little as possible in the Windows
> world.

Is it do-able after full/partial installation?
To avoid missing some crucial modules,
I always install all packages.

Now i want to try building Xfree86 from scratch rather
paying extra for an product upgrade. SO is there a
dummy's guide for newbies to remove existing RPMs?

I read that it's dam easy to build a Xfree86 from scratch.
But shouldn't one first remove the old version BEFORE
installing a new version?