On Wednesday 24 April 2002 09:22 pm, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
> Tim Wunder spewed electrons into the ether that resembled:
> > WOW!
>
> to what?

I installed the preemptable kernel patch and, well, let me just say that it
has made a VERY noticable difference. I'm quite inpressed.
Everyting seems much snappier.

And all I needed to do was recompile the kernel after installing this patch
with 'cat </path/to/preempt-2.4.18.patch>|patch -Np1
and recompile. If I didn't perform the 'make clean', it probly woulda been 5
minutes worth of work (including the reboot), for a VERY noticable
performance gain. I am quite impressed.

Tim

--
Caldera eWorkstation 3.1, kernel 2.4.18, KDE 3.0 from source, Xfree86 4.1.0
 12:00am  up  3:50,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00