Collins wrote:

>Great news - gentoo is now available from cheapbytes.
>
>You folks with slow internet connections now have one less excuse
>preventing you from trying it out.

Didn't stop me from getting Gentoo- just get one file at a time.  It's
slow, and even now I
don't have everything I want yet, but over time, it will all be there.

Auto-resume works wonders on 28.8k.  Even on my connection, 100mb takes
only about
10-12 hours.  I guess I also have the advantage of a fast box, so my
compile times will take
less time than the download exept for the smallest 20k files.

If your connection is still hovering around 14.4 or less, go to
cheapbytes.  If you have a
faster connection and you go to cheapbytes for Gentoo, you're just lazy.

Bob Raymond