I've not done anything to my mail system in so long I've probably
forgotten something really goofy, but here's my problem.

I'm running sendmail (because it runs out of the box and 'till
now never gave me a spec of trouble).  I have myself and some
mailing lists here, all of which set up easily.

I just created a new user, but when I try to send mail to that
user, my mail client (mutt) reports failure because of an unknown
user.  I can log in as the user, but I get the same symptoms
sending mail to myself as that user.  The user has an empty
mail spool file, with the same sorts of permissions as my normal
login.

All other mail things are working fine.  The mail logs show the
error, but don't seem to say why I'm having this problem.

Any clues?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Life is short; eat dessert first!"