There was an article in the Wall Street Journal today about the problems
posed to small businesses by spammers. Basically, the spammer hijacks the
mail server or just sends large amount of mail to the business everyday.

Is this a special problem just for silly  people? I have a mail server
going and, except for my early days on linux, have never been exploited in
this way, even thought I am on line 24/7. So, is this just a problem of
people who don't know what they are doing?

Joel