Harry G wrote:

>I am using Suse 7.3, and have to use 3 different printers (all
>parrallel) depending on the job  One HP Laserjet 6L, a Epson Stylus
>Color 900, and a Okidata Microline 320 for multi-part forms.  Would a
>printer selector switche work well under this situation?

I've run under Slackware and Red Hat a HP Laserjet 4 and an HP 2000C
Deskjet, switching between them with a two-way mechanical switch made by
Belkin called a Bitronics DataSwitch (which is so old now that they
probably don't make them anymore). I use CUPS and simply set up two
printers. Then I can choose which printer I want in the application I
want to print from, and flip the switch to it  --- there is no need to
reboot.

It was at one time advised not to use electronic switches with laser
printers for risk of damaging them, but I don't know if this is still
valid or not.

BOF