For those of you interested, as promised, I've put up a tenative TOC for a
basic Linux book:

http://linuxbooks.pananix.com/

My plan is as follows:
based on any feedback provided by anyone on the list who's interested, I
will start writing chapters and fleshing out the TOC for the basic book.

I plan to publish 3 books: basic, intermediate, advanced.

I will not publish a schedule because I probably couldn't keep to one
anyway.  However, I will attempt to write one chapter every 2 weeks
(approx 2 per month).  Not ambitious, but I plan to make the basic and
perhaps intermediate books free.  I will probably charge for access to the
advanced book, but I don't expect a lot of demand for things like advanced
iptables, iproute, bandwidth limiting, etc.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto