For those of you who use xfce but don't hang out on the xfce list,
there is now a user contributed taskbar that (IMNSHO) is really slick.
 It only opens manually at present, but it extends from the bottom of
the panel and works just like equivalent features in kde, etc.
Applications you run automatically appear as buttons in the taskbar,
and you can navigate to the appropriate app by clicking in the taskbar
or clicking to minimize/restore the app.

If there's any interest, I can post instructions for downloading from
CVS, etc.

Wonder how long it will take for my xfce advocacy to strike a raw
nerve <grin>

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla