On Thursday 23 May 2002 11:47, Leon A. Goldstein wrote:
> Tony Alfrey wrote:
> > Hmmmm.  Are you on the SuSE list?  I follow it and there seems to be a
> > moderate amount of angst with various things about 8.0.  So I've been
> > reluctant to spend my time on it.
>
> I have SuSE 8 on my "lab rat" where I too reluctantly spend time with
> it.
> Its latest stunt: I installed XCDRoast alpha 10 and the necessary
> updated libs.
> When I later installed a different app, YAST decided it did not like the
> updated
> XCDRoast and its libs and reinstalled the old versions.

Thats not the only thing it does, I installed a few non Suse tarballs etc plus
the latest xcdroast. I had crapped on all of them to the extent that i have
had to reinstall cdrecordtools 3 times so far. It also just reinstalled some
xine and other streaming video packages. No it and Mandrake are not on my
Xmas list any longer.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161