BTW, in realizing their gross incompetance in posting that "technical
whitepaper" they pulled it from the site.

Unfortunately, for them, i've archived the original:
http://linux-sxs.org/~netllama/unitedlinuxwhitepaper.pdf

Read it and laugh, and then cry.  "Please take us seriously, even though
we're 'always confused with NIS' and watch us 'Write something about how
serious we are, and why big customers should go for it'"

<snicker>