Am Freitag, 31. Mai 2002 18:47 schrieb Randy Donohoe:
> I've been playing with this some more and it just keeps getting better.
> Lonni, it uses the 2.4.18-xfs kernel, KDE 2.2.2, has everything you
> would ever need including java, pppoe, etc. If it doesn't have it,
> apt-get it. I 've had it on 440, 810, VIA, Dell, Gateway, standalone,
> networked, etc. I can sit down at a machine, boot from the cd, and have
> a configured, working Linux install in two minutes. It configures
> without a single question and even does network connections within that
> two minutes. Klaus, did you get yours up, yet?

Ja, I did. What impressed me most was how well all my hardware was detected,
and setting up my dsl connection via eth0 was a question of two minutes (I
had struggled with several OSs in both worlds to get it done, even on RH 7.3
it didn't work from the box, but I had to download the latest version of
rp-pppoe).
Although the knoppix distro (that's what it really is) is completely CD-ROM
and ramdisk based, you can save your relevant settings (internet connections,
XFree configuration) to a floppy for further use.
For me, Knoppix really was worth 3 hours of download time.
Klaus