On Tuesday 04 June 2002 19:34 pm, Jerry McBride wrote:
> I just bought myself a SONY CYBERSHOT PSC-31 digital camera for work use.
> It sports a 2meg ccd,USB interface and uses SONY's proprietary memory
> stick for
> storage.
>
> Although there's no definitive blessing of this unit working with linux,
> it does indeed work quite well. All you do is load the usb drivers,
> sd_mod, read the output from dmesg and mount the "discoverd" scsi drive as
> a VFAT partition. Once mounted, I was able to browse the pictures with
> Konqueror.

Could you clarify a bit on what you did above??   I have a Sony camcorder with
a memory card in it and it is picked up by the usb modules but I can't mount
it as a vfat partition.   What is the sd_mod  you mention above?

I'm running SuSE 8.0 and didn't have to load the modules...  they were loaded
automatically and the unit was seen as /dev/sda.   Looks promising.