On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:55:06 -0400
begin  Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

> The security issue is not insignificant. However, I think that the main
> damage done by MS is to have given birth to a generation of computer
> users who have no concept of computer security. How this will work out
> when a bunch of linux computers go on line as root is anybody's guess.

The same kind of concerns about M$ providing the world the ability to open
raw sockets. Few users know what they are, and no ordinary user has any
business being able to open one.  System security is but one issue.  No
one will connect to a network of mine with a Lindows computer if ordinary
users are running as root.  Not until _all_ traffic is encrypted before it
leaves the box.

[snip]

Ciao,

David A. Bandel