> > --
got established. Along with the burning of the Monk Bruno we have the
burning of over two hundred thousand "witches." Even Notrodamus was

The situation is not quite so clear cut. In Catholic Spain, when witch
trials were all the rage in most of Europe, the Spanish Inquisition was
brought to investigate reports of witches in Spain. Their conclusion, "The
vaporings of old women." There were no witch trials in Spain, that I know
of.

Now, before you get all teary eyed about the Spanish Inquisition, I am would
offer that since these old women had no money or friends (senile old women
with cataracts and all) the S.I. did not see any way to extort money from
them. So, why bother?

Joel