People often point to the Holocaust as a way to criticize Christians. In
the case of the Holocaust, religion WASN'T the motive. The point was to
get rid of the Jews, who had much money and power in the European world
circa 1930. Hitler was afraid of the Jews because of their power. I
don't recall anything in Mein Kampf about religion and the Jews. It was
just power.

Hitler and Himmler also can not be confused with Christians. I do not
believe Hitler had any Christian pretensions. Himmler himself had plans
to eliminate Christianity and replace it with a pagan religion based
on loyalty to the Clan (Volk, I think he called it), with the whole
idea that the Clan was the important entity and individuals were just
manifestations of it. Sounds sorta Oriental but it was a primitive we/they
type of religion, based on genetic similarity and shared values. Does
this sound like any prominent religion in the Middle East today?

Joel