Joel Hammer wrote:

> People often point to the Holocaust as a way to criticize Christians. In
> the case of the Holocaust, religion WASN'T the motive. The point was to
> get rid of the Jews, who had much money and power in the European world
> circa 1930. Hitler was afraid of the Jews because of their power. I
> don't recall anything in Mein Kampf about religion and the Jews. It was
> just power.
>
> Hitler and Himmler also can not be confused with Christians. I do not
> believe Hitler had any Christian pretensions. Himmler himself had plans
> to eliminate Christianity and replace it with a pagan religion based
> on loyalty to the Clan (Volk, I think he called it), with the whole
> idea that the Clan was the important entity and individuals were just
> manifestations of it. Sounds sorta Oriental but it was a primitive we/they
> type of religion, based on genetic similarity and shared values. Does
> this sound like any prominent religion in the Middle East today?
>
> Joel
>
> >An important note that is not discussed by the borne again fundalmetalists is that
>anti-semenism had it's roots in Christianity in the Dark Ages and was even in the
>teachings of Church. The jews were an accursed race because they had killed Christ.
>The fact that only about twenty of them had anything to do with it didn't bother the
>Church Fathers. They, like today's super Christians, believe in the Old Testiment
>idea of justice by punishing the innocent for the sins of the guilty. If twenty Jews
>clammered for Christ's death then they were all guilty even the ones who shouted for
>Christ to be freed. And if they were guilty then all their offspring are guilty. If
>they were guilty of that then they were guilty of anything. Hitler even asked "is
>there any foulness that the Jew in not associated with?" Hitler's anti-sementism was
>just an offshoot of the Christian anti-semenism of the middle ages. If it was purely
>he wouldn't have bothered with poor Jewish push cart operators w!
ho, if the was a conspiracy of bankers , were obviously not part of it

Interestingly enough, at the meeting of top leaders of the Reich that
approved the "Final Solution" one voice was raised against it. From a
judge who claimed that the jews should be removed from all parts of
German life because, "they had killed Christ" but that German law (even
under the Nazis) forbid the outright slaughter of the Jews. Even in
America we did nothing. anti-Semitism was very popular here and it was
most often preached from the pulpits of Christians.

Also the claim that man needs a God to have a reason for living and
propagating. My cats do that and I doubt they have a God. Mark Twain
doesn't seem to have done too badly without the central God. As for the
intellectuals of the French Enlightenment few of them were outright
atheists. Most of them were Deists who believed in God and Christ and
that man was not by nature evil. They also believed that God did not
interfere in this world, but left it to the good human nature to
provided justice and happiness for our species. Deism was swept away by
the backwoods stump preachers of the Great Awaking in the 1760s and 70s.
The decedents of those stump preachers evolved into today's abortion
clinic bombers and abortion doctor assassins.

Lee