On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Matthew Carpenter wrote:

> I remember reading about someone keeing a /boot partition which holds their kernels
>as well as /lib/modules/2.x.x-x directories, which are then linked to in the original
>locations...  I have attempted this and have been running face first into a wall when
>attempting to load modules...  I'd be interested in hearing some pointers on this
>one.  I believe I read it in a post by David Bandel.

I've been doing this for quite some time now, sans the links to
/lib/modules.  Initially it was to overcome issues with LILO being able to
find the kernel in large disks.  Now its just habit.  Interestingly, When
using the "custom" option in the RedHat installer and the letting disk
druid automatically partition the disk, the result is the same.  50mb
/boot , some amount for swap, the rest for root.

> TIA,
> Matt
>
> ps.  And sorry for the <OT-TID> thread.  I didn't mean for it to get out of hand
>like that.

No apologies required for me.  I'm just sorry the thread didn't make it to
the general list, sigh.